Sail and Power Courses
America’s #1 Sail and Power School
Since 1964, Steve and Doris Colgate’s Offshore Sailing School has graduated more than 140,000 adults and their families. The Colgate sailing enthusiasm permeates throughout the company, as explained in the latest video interview with Steve and Doris Colgate. Take a look as they talk about the newest addition to the Offshore Sailing School big boat fleet.
The Offshore Sailing School faculty are professionals who take great pride in teaching to the highest standards at the Offshore Sailing School sailing schools, also referred to as Colgate Sailing School. Whatever your sailing and boating goals, our sailing courses are taught in a comfortable, safe and fun environment, on the best boats for training, with caring instructors who give you the confidence to fulfill your dreams through our many sailing classes.
All beginning sailing courses are small with no more than four students per boat and instructor, allowing for individualized personal attention and training. Private sailboat lessons for couples who want to learn how to sail or cruise without other students aboard are also available.
Start Learning Now!
The Offshore Advantage at Offshore Sailing School
- Steve Colgate, Offshore Sailing School’s founder, Olympian and America’s Cup sailor, inducted into the National Sailing Hall in 2015; celebrated sailing educator who mentors our team and sets the standards for extraordinary sailing and boating education
- Founded and operated by award-winning sailing educators, Steve and Doris Colgate; Doris Colgate is the founder of the National Women’s Sailing Association and Women’s Sailing Foundation
- Professional faculty with teaching skills equal to their vast on-water experience
- Our Sailing schools are located in some of the best places to learn sailing with the most extensive range of sailing courses, each with comprehensive curriculum
- Personalized on-water sailing lessons with no more than four students per instructor
- Acclaimed textbooks published by McGraw-Hill and the United States Sailing Association
- Award winning sailboats and powerboats designed for your safety and performance; with new boats coming into the fleet every year like the Jeanneau 479 arriving Fall 2017
- Offshore Sailing School Certification and US Sailing Certification at all levels recognized by charter companies world-wide
- Superior Colgate sailing school locations providing amazing sailing lesson vacation
“A doctor and avid sailor highly recommended the Colgate school and said if we were going to do it then we should do it right! Offshore Sailing School was a tremendous experience that provided a whole new world of opportunities for us to explore. This was an investment in the future and now our future is unlimited!”
- Learn To Sail Certification Courses: 2 full-day and 5 half-day courses on a Colgate 26 takes you through intermediate level with Colgate sailing school
- Fast Track To Cruising®: Couch to captain’s chair on Colgate 26 and 43′ to 50′ cruising catamaran and monohull yachts, this popular course prepares you for big boat cruising in one week
- Colgate Accelerated Sail Training: “COAST” takes you from beginner to passage maker in one year with Fast Track to Cruising and Fast Track to Passage Making Courses
- Sailing Lessons: 2-hour sailing clinics on Colgate 26
- Online Learn to Sail Course: Sailing classes that teach our Learn to Sail Certification Courses with videos, interactive diagrams and quizzes in a classroom setting.
- Fast Track To Cruising®: Our most popular course combines 2-days learning or renewing basic skills on a Colgate 26 with 5 or 6 days on 43′ to 50′ cruising monohulls or catamarans
- Live Aboard Cruising Courses: 6 days living aboard while sailing from port to port, learning skills to handle cruising monohulls or catamarans up to 50’
- Bareboat Charter Certification Courses: 5-days learning skills to handle monohulls or catamarans up to 50’ while sleeping ashore at the resort each night
- Catamaran Cruising Courses: Any of the courses listed above, taught on 39′ to 48′ catamarans, with additional special catamaran endorsement skills
- Performance Sailing: 5-day course on Colgate 26 covering go-fast sailing techniques and advanced safety exercises
- Fast Track to Performance Racing: Combines an accelerated 3-day Performance Sailing course with our acclaimed 6-day Performance Race Week
- Coastal Navigation: 4-day 20-hour classroom course
- Performance Race Week: 6 days high intensity coaching and racing aboard Colgate 26 sailboats with North U. director and coaches
- Fast Track to Coastal Passage Making: 2 days of coastal navigation review while staying ashore, then 6 days of at least 50 miles of coastal sailing with night sailing on big catamarans and monohulls
- Fast Track Offshore Passage Making: The final course in the US Sailing Certification program, 4 days of celestial navigation classes ashore, then 6 days of open water sailing, logging 600 miles, 250 of which are 50 miles from shore
- Fast Track to Power Cruising: 6 days learning to handle a big power catamaran, with skills to start bareboat cruising on powerboats
- Team Building and Leadership Programs: Half-day, full-day, week-long programs for business professionals and universities
- Family Courses: Available with most beginner and Intermediate course options
- Tweens and Teens Learn Free: Up to 3 kids learn free with one or two adults in our 5-day Learn to Sail Course
- Girlfriend Getaways: Learn to Sail and Cruising Courses for women, taught by women
Everything is first class. Offshore delivers a value proposition – excellent value for the price paid and instruction received. The books, the instructor, the hotel classroom, the location and the boat were all first class and well worth the money and time spent.”
Tom Bisanz – Frisco, TX
Call 888-454-7015 or 239-454-1700