Scrub Island Sailing School in the BVI
AAA Four Diamond Private Island Resort and Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel
Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is a beautiful private island resort in the British Virgin Islands with a gorgeous two-tier swimming pool waiting for you to jump in and swim up to the bar for an ice cold libation. A variety of luxury amenities on Scrub Island are yours to enjoy before or after your Scrub Island BVI sailing adventure! Here’s what you can expect at Scrub Island Resort:
- A collection of luxury villas, ocean view guest rooms and suites
- Daily dining in Donovan’s Reef Marina Bar & Grill, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Dinner at the resort’s signature restaurant, Cardamom & Co. with exceptional fresh, international cuisine and stunning views of Camanoe Pass
- Provisioning and to-go treats from the Gourmet Market & Cafe
- Ixora Spa offering a full menu of soothing treatments in a seaside villa
- The main resort pool, with multiple levels, swim-up bar, spacious hot tub, and unobstructed Caribbean Sea views
- Pavilion Beach by the main resort pool is equipped with see-through kayaks, paddle boards and a large water trampoline
- North Beach, a private refuge for ultimate relaxation, hosts One Shoe Beach Bar & Grill showcasing American cuisine with Caribbean-infused flavors
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Boaters Republic nautical boutique for essentials, resort wear
- Dive BVI shop for scuba diving and snorkeling gear, hosted trips
- Excursions to The Baths, Norman Island and Jost van Dyke
- Airport transfer service from Tortola (EIS) airport to nearby Trellis Bay
- Private, scheduled ferry service from Trellis Bay, returning from Scrub Island
- Complimentary welcome punch as you step off the ferry to start your vacation in a Caribbean paradise
Sign Up Now to and Learn to Sail and Cruise in Paradise!
Here are all the programs available at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina:
- 5-Day Learn to Sail Courses
- Fast Track to Cruising® courses on catamarans and monohulls
- Bareboat Charter Courses on catamarans and monohulls (sail during the day, stay ashore in a Scrub Island accommodation at night)
- Catamaran Live Aboard Cruising
- Sailing Lessons
- Corporate team building and leadership development sailing events, perfect complement to group meetings and incentive programs
How to Get to Scrub Island Via Commercial Airlines
The quickest way to get to the island is to fly into the Terrence B. Lettsome (EIS) airport on Beef Island, Tortola from San Juan, Puerto. Many major airlines from the U.S. connect in San Juan to Seabourne, Cape Air, Liat, for the short flight to Beef Island. Your last, and fun leg, is a five-minute taxi ride to the dock at Trellis Bay where the resort’s private ferry picks you up for the 10-minute scenic ride to the resort. (Note: We need your arrival and departure times from the airport to ensure someone is waiting for you outside after you get your baggage to guide you to the taxi.) Alternately, you can fly into St. Thomas on several direct flights from the United States, take a 45-minute ferry to the Customs Office in Road Town on Tortola, then take a 30-40 minute taxi ride to Trellis Bay and board the resort ferry to the private island.
How to Get to Scrub Island Resort on Private Charter Flights or Water Taxis
Scrub Island Resort also offers an exclusive private charter flight with Fly The Whale, offering seamless connection between San Juan International Airport (SJU) and Beef Island, Tortola (EIS) where you can skip security lines and breeze through customs with personal service. This direct service is available from November through April. Or you can travel directly to the resort from St. Thomas via Dolphin Water Taxi. We look forward to you joining our BVI sailing charters and lessons!
Call 888-454-7015 or 239-454-1700 and talk to one of our friendly sailing advisors about our Scrub Island Resort & Marina sailing courses or email Sail@OffshoreSailing.com.