Scrub Island Sailing School in the BVI
At Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina
AAA Four Diamond Private Island Resort and Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel
This beautiful private island resort in the British Virgin Islands has a gorgeous two-tier pool with a superior hot tub – waiting for you to jump in and swim up to the bar for an ice cold libation. While some construction and renovation from the aftermath of Hurricane Irma are still wrapping up, the amenities the resort has available for our clients is impressive. Here’s what you can expect:
- A collection of luxury villas, ocean view guest rooms and suites
- Daily dining in Caravela, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Provisioning from the Gourmet Market & Cafe
- Ixora Spa in The Passage House, a convenient hillside villa near the restaurant and guest rooms
- The main resort pool, with multiple levels, spectacular views, and a hot tub
- Pavilion Beach by the main resort pool, equipped with kayaks, paddle boards and a water trampoline
- North Beach, a private refuge for ultimate relaxation (pack a picnic!)
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Antilia Boutique & Dive Shop for essentials, resort wear and snorkeling gear
- Excursions to The Baths, Norman Island and Jost van Dyke
- Airport transfer service from Tortola (EIS) and the St. Thomas ferry landing in Road Town
- Private, scheduled ferry service to and from Trellis Bay
- Complimentary welcome fruit or rum punch as you step off the ferry to start your vacation
No one will be roughing it! But it is important to note that during this phase, Scrub Island will operate as an independent resort, so accruing or redeeming Marriott Rewards® points may not be possible until October 2018
Sign Up Now to and Learn to Sail and Cruise in Paradise!
If you’re looking for things to do on Scrub Island, here are all the programs available at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina:
- 5-Day Learn to Sail Courses
- Fast Track to Cruising® courses on catamarans and monohulls
- Bareboat Charter Courses on catamarans and monohulls (sail during the day, stay ashore in a Scrub Island accommodation at night)
- Catamaran Live Aboard Cruising
- Sailing Lessons
If we may offer an altruistic appeal, your visit this year will make an impact on the lives of many of the territory’s residents. The lovely people of the British Virgin Islands have been overwhelmed by the warmth and concern they received following last year’s storms. They are incredibly excited to welcome you to their country, knowing you’ll quickly fall in love with their relaxed hospitality, astonishing natural wonders, spectacular views and that unbelievable, crystal clear water. The British Virgin Islands are calling you!
How to Get to Scrub Island
The quickest way to get to the island is to fly into the Terrence B. Lettsome (EIS) airport on Beef Island, Tortola which is a five-minute taxi ride to the dock where the resort ferry picks you up for the 10 minute ride over to the resort. We need your arrival and departure times from the airport to ensure someone is waiting for you outside after you get your baggage to guide you to the taxi.
Most major airlines in the U.S. fly into San Juan, Puerto Rico, which has daily connections via Seabourne and other small airlines to the airport on Beef Island. Alternatively, you can fly into St. Thomas and take a 45-minute ferry to the customs office in downtown Road Town on Tortola, and for the time being the resort is providing complimentary transfers from that location to the resort too. This is about a 40-minute taxi ride to the resort’s ferry at Trellis Bay, so we highly recommend flying straight into the airport (EIS) on Tortola! Please make sure you give us your arrival location and time.
Call 888-454-7015 and talk to one of our friendly sailing advisors about our sailing courses or email Sail@OffshoreSailing.com.