Scrub Island Sailing School in the BVI
At Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina
AAA Four Diamond Private Island Resort and Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel
This beautiful private island resort in the British Virgin Islands has a gorgeous two-tier pool with a superior hot tub – waiting for you to jump in and swim up to the bar for an ice cold libation. A variety of amenities in Marina Village are yours to enjoy before or after your Scrub Island BVI sailing adventure! Here’s what you can expect at the Scrub Island Resort:
- A collection of luxury villas, ocean view guest rooms and suites
- Daily dining in Donovan’s Reef, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Dinner at the resort’s signature restaurant, Cardamom & Co.
- Provisioning from the Gourmet Market & Cafe
- Ixora Spa offering a full menu of soothing treatments on a seaside cliff
- The main resort pool, with multiple levels, spectacular views, and a spacious hot tub
- Donovan’s Beach by the main resort pool, equipped with kayaks, paddle boards and a water trampoline
- North Beach, a private refuge for ultimate relaxation (pack a picnic!)
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Boaters Republic nautical boutique for essentials, resort wear
- Dive BVI shop for scuba diving and snorkeling gear, hosted trips
- Excursions to The Baths, Norman Island and Jost van Dyke
- Airport transfer service from Tortola (EIS) airport to nearby Trellis Bay
- Private, scheduled ferry service from Trellis Bay, returning from Scrub Island
- Complimentary welcome punch as you step off the ferry to start your vacation in a Caribbean paradise
Sign Up Now to and Learn to Sail and Cruise in Paradise!
If you’re looking for things to do on Scrub Island, here are all the programs available at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina:
- 5-Day Learn to Sail Courses
- Fast Track to Cruising® courses on catamarans and monohulls
- Bareboat Charter Courses on catamarans and monohulls (sail during the day, stay ashore in a Scrub Island accommodation at night)
- Catamaran Live Aboard Cruising
- Sailing Lessons
How to Get to Scrub Island
The quickest way to get to the island is to fly into the Terrence B. Lettsome (EIS) airport on Beef Island, Tortola which is a five-minute taxi ride to the dock where the resort ferry picks you up for the 10 minute ride over to the resort. We need your arrival and departure times from the airport to ensure someone is waiting for you outside after you get your baggage to guide you to the taxi.
Most major airlines in the U.S. fly into San Juan, Puerto Rico, which has daily connections via Seabourne, Cape Air, Liat, and other small airlines to the airport on Beef Island. Alternately, you can fly into St. Thomas on several direct flights from the United States, and take a 45-minute ferry to the customs office in downtown Road Town on Tortola, then take a 30-40 minute taxi ride to the Scrub Island Resort’s complimentary ferry from Trellis Bay to the private island. Or better still, Scrub Island Resort now offers an exclusive private charter flight with Fly The Whale. Offering seamless connection between San Juan International Airport (SJU) and Beef Island, Tortola (EIS) – the first of its kind. Skip the security lines and breeze through customs with personal service. This direct service is available from November through April. Or you can travel directly to the resort from St. Thomas via Dolphin Water Taxi. Please make sure you give us your arrival location and time to share with the resort.
Call 888-454-7015 and talk to one of our friendly sailing advisors about our Scrub Island Marina sailing courses or email Sail@OffshoreSailing.com.