Call: (888) 454-7015
Fast Track to Cruising Courses for Women Only
LADIES — BECOME A CONFIDENT BIG BOAT SAILOR!
If you’re looking for the top women’s sailing classes in Florida, look no further! Fast Track to Cruising® (OSS 101/103/104) sailing for women courses start with two days learning to sail a lively Colgate 26 keelboat (OSS 101) and then six days learning to cruise on a big monohull (OSS 103/104) or catamaran (OSS 103/104/114).
COUCH TO THE CAPTAIN’S CHAIR IN ONE WEEK!
You go from “couch to the captain’s chair” in just one week, in Offshore Sailing School’s most popular and comprehensive experiential sailing vacation – the Fast Track to Cruising® course. Even if you have some experience on small boats, or have taken a basic sailing course at a community sailing school or another commercial sailing school, this Fast Track® sailing course is the best way to get your skills and knowledge up to speed. Come alone or bring your mom, sister or a friend for our ladies only sailing courses.
If you have keelboat sailing experience and can confidently steer and crew in all positions on a mid-sized sailboat of at least 26 feet, you may take the Live Aboard Cruising course (OSS 103/104) without the two-day Learn to Sail portion (OSS 101), if you already have US Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification. If you do not have US Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification, you will need to take and pass the Online Learn to Sail Course produced by Offshore Sailing School and Boat US and submit your certificate of completion, along with a sailing resume for review. If approved, you may then enroll in just the Live Aboard Cruising Course, and take the US Sailing Basic Keelboat test (additional fee of $75) which is a prerequisite before you can take the US Sailing Basic Cruising and Bareboat Cruising tests administered during the Live Aboard Cruising Course.
PACKAGE RATES INCLUDE ALMOST EVERYTHING BUT TRAVEL
- The Learn to Sail and Live Aboard Cruising Courses
- Three nights accommodations ashore, with room tax and daily resort fee
- Shared or private cabin aboard the cruising boat during the 6-day cruising course
- All breakfasts, lunches, snacks, three dinners aboard during the live aboard course
- Doris Colgate’s book: Sailing – A Woman’s Guide
- US Sailing books: Basic Keelboat, Basic Cruising, Bareboat Cruising
- Three US Sailing certifications: Basic Keelboat, Basic Cruising and Bareboat Cruising, and catamaran endorsement if learning on the cat
- Diploma, Logbook and Certification Stickers for each course
- Eligibility to join our Colgate Sailing Adventures® flotilla cruises
- Many Alumni Benefits, such as, complimentary subscription to Cruising World or Sailing World magazines (sent to U.S. mailing address)
- Up to 15% discount on your first charter with The Moorings
- Complimentary first-year membership in US Sailing
- Discounted membership and benefits through BoatUS
The following dates are designated Women’s Weeks, all at South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island, Florida. Fast Track® to Live Aboard Cruising Courses (FLAC) is the entire Fast Track Course. If you already have US Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification you may take just the Live Aboard Course (LAC) designated below.
FTLAC: February 6-13, 2021 (arrive February 5)
$6,635 single in private room ashore and cabin aboard
$5,385 per person double occupancy sharing room and cabin
LAC: February 8-13, 2021 (arrive February 7)
$4,495 single in private room ashore and cabin aboard
$3,710 per person double occupancy sharing room and cabin
FTLAC: October 30-November 6, 2021 (arrive October 29)
$6,320 single in private room ashore and cabin aboard
$5,230 per person double occupancy sharing room and cabin
LAC: November 1-6, 2021 (arrive October 31)
$4,390 single in private room ashore and cabin aboard
$3,655 per person double occupancy sharing room and cabin
A SAILING ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!
Watch this video recap of four girlfriends enjoying the Fast Track® to Live Aboard Cruising course together. After the course, they immediately embarked on a bareboat charter from The Moorings, bringing family and friends along. Fantastic memories made in sailing lessons for women. Well done Captains!
Women-only sailing courses are taught by expert Offshore Sailing School staff instructors, US Sailing-certified at the Instructor Bareboat Cruising Certification level or higher. Your instructor may be male or female.
Every photo on this page was sent to us by women who took an Offshore Sailing School Fast Track to Cruising course. Call to talk to one of our friendly sales associates and learn how our sailing lessons for women can open up a sea of opportunities!
Contact Us Today!