Call: (888) 454-7015
Sailing Tips & Videos
Offshore Sailing School Tips on Learning to Sail & How-To Videos
The information in each of the videos highlighted on this page is covered in Offshore Sailing School sail and powerboat courses – from basic sailing lessons to learning to race sailboats, to learning sailboat and powerboat blue water sailing school techniques.
Enjoy These Sailing Tips Videos
- Anchoring – How to Use a Windlass and How to Anchor
- Docking – Docking Under Power and How to Spring Off a Dock
- Safety and Comfort Aboard – How to Feel Safe Aboard, What to Wear and Bring Aboard, How to Recover Someone Overboard, Creature Comforts on a Cruising Boat, and How to Cure Hiccups Underway
- Sails and Sail Trim – How to Trim Sails Upwind, How to Trim Sails Downwind, How to Jibe a Sailboat, How to Use a Winch, How to Adjust the Fairlead on a Loaded Jibsheet, How to Handle Jib Furling Systems, How to Remove Lazy Jacks to Easily Hoist the Mainsail, How to Heave To
- Steering and Maneuvering – How to Maneuver in Close Quarters, How to Motor Backwards, How to Tow a Dinghy
- Handling Spinnakers – How to Set Up for a Spinnaker Hoist, How to Set a Spinnaker, How to Jibe a Spinnaker, How to Douse a Spinnaker to Leeward, How to Douse a Spinnaker to Windward
- Engine Maintenance – Prestart Engine Checks and How to Avoid Overheating a Diesel Engine
Sign Up to Learn More!
Visit the Offshore Sailing School Blog for more sailing tips. Check out the books in our library, and the more than 100 Offshore Sailing School videos on this YouTube channel. Then like and share our videos on social media and join our fans on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Take a Sailing School or Powerboat School Course
If you haven’t yet taken an Offshore Sailing School sailboat or powerboat course, give us a call today!