Offshore Sailing School News, Specials and Events
What’s Happening at Offshore Sailing School
- We’re back in the British Virgin Islands! You may have heard that Hurricane Irma virtually wiped out the charter fleet and most hotels and resorts when it roared through the U.S. and British Virgin Islands in September. Well, with the hard work of thousands of locals and the dedication of the charter companies, the sailing capital of the world is back in action. Learn more about BVI & Moorings Sailing today.
What Do Sailors Do When They are Not Sailing?
They go sailing, of course. And that’s exactly what Steve and Doris Colgate did last August when they arranged a family flotilla cruise in the British Virgin Islands for nieces and nephews and their kids. Check out the photo at the top of this page! Steve and Doris are right smack in the middle of the group.
Upcoming Racing Events for Sailors Who Love to Learn More
Do you like competitive sailing! Check out our 4-day Racing Clinic in December 2018. It’s an absolute blast!
How about racing in the British Virgin Islands? Our February 2019 BVI Race Week Caribbean Challenge is a super way to hone your go fast skills on an amazing winter getaway. And if you sign up for the 4-day clinic and the BVI race week at the same time, you not only get the full spectrum of racing (small and large boats) but you get a healthy discount too!
Upcoming Cruising Events for Sailors who Want to See the World Under Sail
And then there’s our full spectrum of Colgate Sailing Adventures Flotilla Cruises for Offshore Sailing School grads and sailors who love to sail. These fabulous adventures take you all over the world and are the most delightful, hassle free sailing vacations you will find.
- Belize – May 5-12, 2018 – SOLD OUT
- Saronic Gulf of the Greek Islands – June 16-23, 2018
- Tahiti, French Polynesia – October 27-November 3, 2018
- Grenadines and Windward Islands: St. Lucia-Grenada – February 1-9, 2019
- Grenadines and Windward Islands: Grenada-St. Lucia – February 9-17, 2019
- Mallorca, Spain – June 29-July 6, 2019
- Croatia: Agana-Dubrovnik – August 24-31, 2019
- Croatia: Dubrovnik-Agana – August 31-September 7, 2019
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our bi-monthly newsletter is full of interesting stories, creative specials, sailing deals, upcoming flotilla cruises, contests, and other opportunities to keep you sailing and boating. If you haven’t already, visit our Sailing Newsletter Sign-Up page. Beth Oliver, Offshore Sailing School Director of Marketing, gathers information to keep you informed, shares sailing news, develops contests, and posts photographs and experiences that come from you. Got an idea? Send it to Beth at Boliver@OffshoreSailing.com.
One of our most important special activities is our Tweens and Teens Learn Free program where 7-17 year olds learn to sail with their parents. This is an absolutely amazing experience, one that many parents say is the best way for the family to bond. Check the Specials section often to see what else is coming up.