GET LUCKY IN MARCH WITH SUMMER SIZZLER SAVINGS ON MOST COURSES – ALL LOCATIONS!
Save up to 15% on sailing and powerboating certification courses in Florida and the BVI
- Solo sailors and two students enrolling together in same course receive 10% savings
- Private Couple and Buy-the-Boat (3-5 enrolling together on same boat) receive 15% savings
- Regardless of # of students enrolling, maximum savings is 10% if you do not take the resort accommodations as offered in the course package
- Valid Courses with savings:
- Learn to Sail course for US Sailing Basic Keelboat certification
- Fast Track to Cruising® course receiving 3 US Sailing certifcations plus Catamaran Endorsement if applicable
- Live Aboard or Stay Ashore Cruising course receiving US Sailing Basic Cruising and Bareboat Charter Cruising certifications, plus Catamaran Endorsement if applicable
- Fast Track® to Power Cruising from Tortola, BVI, only, receiving US Powerboating certifications (maximum 10% savings)
- Performance Sailing for Colgate Sailing certification. Must enroll minimum of two together or solo must join exisitng course with other students
- New enrollments with savings begin March 9 and end March 31, 2023
- Course must take place beginning June 1 and ending by August 31, 2023
- Summer Sizzler Savings may not be combined with any other promotion nor discount
- For intermediate level courses, you must be an Offshore Sailing School graduate, or have US Sailing certification, or provide Sailing Resume for approval to “test out” of Basic Keelboat course
- All course dates are based on availability
- Valid at all four resort locations!
NOW OPEN AT ‘TWEEN WATERS ISLAND RESORT & SPA, CAPTIVA ISLAND, FLORIDA!
Enroll in a sailing certification course at our newest resort location
- Fast Track to Cruising® courses aboard Colgate 26 sailboats, monohull or catamaran yachts
- 3-day Learn to Sail Course aboard Colgate 26
- Live Aboard Cruising Course aboard monohull or catamaran
- Performance Sailing Course aboard Colgate 26
- Sailing Lessons or Excursions
- Corporate team building sailing events
View our recent interviews with ABC7 Southwest Florida on our YouTube channel here. View the many amenities available at ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa here. View our press release about our new Captiva Island location here. Take a break this winter and learn a new skill you can use for years to come. Start living the sailing lifestyle today!
OFFSHORE SAILING SCHOOL GRADS SAVE $300 ON FUTURE COURSES AND COLGATE SAILING ADVENTURES® FLOTILLAS
Save $300 per person when you enroll in another course or join one of our hosted sailing vacation trips*
Purchase a sailing course vacation and enjoy a lifetime of sailing and boating adventures.
* To receive Colgate Sailing Adventures® flotilla savings, you must be an Offshore Sailing School graduate with US Sailing Bareboat Cruising Certification.
Once you earn your Bareboat Cruising certification in this course, you may apply for the International Proficiency Certificate which is required to charter a yacht in certain Mediterranean countries. Learn more.
Read This Acclaimed Love Story
There’s a whole lot of history, intrigue, and excitement in the 58 years Offshore Sailing School has been in existence. When Steve Colgate started writing his “vignettes,” Doris said, “We need to get these in a book!” And so they did, along with an amazing tale of how they built Offshore Sailing School into an iconic brand, and turned their lives into a tale of one adventure after another. Renowned author, Herb McCormick, captured the Colgate story in this intriguing biography that so may have said they couldn’t put down. Purchase OFFSHORE High on Amazon.com, in bookstores (list price $39.95), or order a special autographed copy here.
800-221-4326 ♦ 239-454-1700 ♦ Sail@OffshoreSailing.com
GREAT OUTDOOR ADVENTURE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
One of our most special activities is our ‘Tweens and Teens Learn Free family vacation program, where up to two kids, ages 7-17, learn to sail with two adults for free. That’s a savings of nearly 60%! This is an absolutely amazing experience, one that many parents say is the best way for the family to bond and stay connected. To take advantage of this very special offer, pick a date when your kids are out of school and sign up for a 3-day/5-night Learn to Sail vacation in St. Petersburg, Florida and Captiva Island, Florida. Our family sailing vacation package is also offered at Scrub Island Resort on a private island in the British Virgin Islands. You arrive on Sunday and sail full-days Monday through Wednesday, and have two extra days to enjoy resort amenities and the surrounding area. You check out Friday unless you book extra nights. Both of these family-friendly resorts offer lots of things to do when you are not out on the water.
Call 888-454-7015 or 239-454-1700
DOCKSIDE CHATS WITH STEVE & DORIS COLGATE
When all of our sailing school locations closed down between April and May, 2021, due to the pandemic, Steve and Doris Colgate thought sailors and would-be sailors might want a little home-made entertainment. So, they put together a series of short, inspirational video vignettes with Steve talking about his fascinating sailing career. Doris shares some stories too!
70 #DocksideChatswithSteve have been produced and posted on Offshore Sailing School’s Facebook page. You will also find these stories on the Offshore Sailing School YouTube Channel . Our channel features these Chats, plus sailing tips, tours of our resort locations, recaps of our flotilla vacations and other special events. These stories are featured in OFFSHORE High, the new biography published in Fall 2021 about Steve and Doris, and Offshore Sailing School.
OUR GRADS SAY THE GREATEST THINGS…
My experience with Offshore Sailing School was life changing. I enrolled in the Fast Track to Cruising® course with my husband Matt to see if live aboard sailing and bareboat chartering was for me. I graduated with a lifetime certification not only with sailing knowledge but with a new love for learning. The course surpassed all my expectations and my husband and I now have a new hobby to share!
Ellen Orenstein – Atlanta, GA
Fast Track to Cruising – Captiva Island, FL June 2019
FLORIDA LOCATIONS WHERE YOU CAN LEARN
- Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites, St. Petersburg
- South Seas Island Resort, Captiva Island *
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, Ft. Myers Beach*
- Westin Cape Coral at Marina Village, Cape Coral*
*Locations temporarily closed due to Hurricane Ian damage in marinas
888-454-7015 or 239-454-1700
GIVE YOUR TEAM THE CORPORATE ADVANTAGE WITH A SAIL-RACE CHALLENGE®
Sailing is the by far the best way to bring teams together and develop leaders who will deftly guide those teams. Offshore Sailing School can accommodate teams of 8-10 aboard Colgate 26 sailboats in our unique Corporate Sail-Race Challenge® sailing lessons. Currently, we offer this in St. Petersburg, Florida, and Scrub Island Resort in the British Virgin Islands. Contact Beth Oliver today to learn how your team can perform at the highest level: BOliver@OffshoreSailing.com, 239-985-7516.
888-454-7015 or 239-454-1700
EXCLUSIVE CRUISING VACATIONS FOR SAILORS WHO LOVE TO SAIL
We have a full spectrum of sailing vacations available through our Colgate Sailing Adventures® Flotilla Cruises – for Offshore Sailing School grads and sailors who love to sail. The group in this photo are at the Meet and Greet dinner for the last Tahiti flotilla cruise. These sailing vacations are the most delightful way to explore the world under sail. We charter the yachts, research and provide the itinerary, put the crews together based on friendships and sailing experience, and best of all – we provide expert trip leaders who love to sail and want you to have the time of your life! View our next amazing destinations here. Check out this video from our 2019 Colgate Sailing Adventures® flotilla sailing vacation aboard six Moorings cruising yachts in the British Virgin Islands.
888-454-7015 or 239-454-1700
OUR 59th YEAR STARTS IN NOVEMBER!
Not too many companies surpass 50 years with their original leaders still at the helm. Living in southwest Florida, those leaders have become somewhat of a legend. And now a Biography will debut at the October 2021 boat show in Annapolis, the second weekend in October. If you can’t wait, you can pre-order on our Book Store page, at Amazon.com or your local bookstore now. This revealing biography is an in-depth compendium about the Colgates’ lives, their love of sailing and each other, and the building of America’s #1 Sailing School®.
They’re still leading the way today. Case in point: Doris was featured in the October 2019 Gulfshore Life Magazine as one of five impressive “Game Changers” in Southwest Florida.
And every day the Colgates wake up with a smile, do their morning walk, then head to the office to work closely with a dedicated team that works tirelessly to introduce more people to the sailing lifestyle. And at the end of very busy days, the Colgates often say, “Where did the years go?”
Steve Colgate started Offshore Sailing School on the back of a cocktail napkin in November 1964. Doris met Steve in January 1968 when she took a racing course he ran in the Bahamas. Read more about the evolution of Offshore Sailing School in our About Us section on this website: Steve’s bio here and Doris’ bio here.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER AND LEARN MORE
Our weekly newsletter is filled with interesting stories, industry updates, and sailing course specials. Visit our Sailing Newsletter Sign-Up page. Got a story idea? Send it to Offshore Sailing’s VP, Director of Sales & Marketing, Beth Oliver at Boliver@OffshoreSailing.com.