Learn Sailing at Offshore Sailing School
America’s #1 Sailing School®
Offshore Sailing School has received many recognitions and awards for creating the best sailing instruction programs and sailing classes. It is acknowledged in the sailing industry as “America’s #1 Sailing School” with US Sailing Courses. When you learn sailing, cruising or racing at Offshore Sailing School, you learn on sailboats carefully chosen and designed for teaching. Your instructors are caring sailors with extensive sailing and teaching experience who give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to thoroughly enjoy the sailing lifestyle – all under the guidance of our founder, Steve Colgate, who was inducted into the National Sailing Hall of Fame in 2015.
Start Learning Now!
Why We Are Number One
- Our founder, Olympian and America’s Cup competitor Steve Colgate, inducted into the National Sailing Hall of Fame in 2015 because of his pre-eminent position as an sailing educator and world-wide racing sailor
- President and CEO, founder of the National Women’s Sailing Association, passionate about providing sailing opportunities for all, Doris Colgate
- Over 50 years of award-winning programs and sailing instruction with more than 140,000 graduates
- Highly experienced and professional faculty who care about you, certified by US Sailing and licensed by U.S. Coast Guard
- Greatest variety of sailing course offerings – from day sailing to cruising and racing, including learning online course
- Most comprehensive curricula and textbooks for each sailing course, written by the Colgates and US Sailing National Faculty
- Excellent teaching platforms – sailboats designed for safety and performance
- Graduates, 83% of whom rated their latest experience with Offshore “very high” in a September 2015 study, attesting to our ability to give you more than you can imagine in the course you choose
- US Sailing Courses and Certification at all levels recognized by charter companies throughout the world
- Superior resort and metro locations that allow you to immerse yourself in the learning experience
“The biggest mistake of my sailing career was taking my Basic Keelboat Course in the New York City area with another school and not Offshore. We learned very little with the other school. Bottom line is that from my experience Offshore rocks and is the Harvard, Princeton, Yale of sailing schools.”
Keith Bloesch– Hoboken, NJ
After you complete a course at the Colgate Offshore Sailing School, if the sailing instruction you received was not up to your expectations, let us know right away and we will arrange to give you the same course over again, tuition free.