Scrub Island Sailing School in the BVI
At Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina
AAA Four Diamond Private Island Resort
In the wake of Hurricane Irma, Scrub Island Resort has developed a phased opening plan. Beginning March 15, 2018, the resort will operate on a more limited basis with select accommodations and fewer dining outlets. While some construction and renovation will be evident, the amenities the resort is making available to our clients is impressive. Here’s what you can expect:
- A collection of ocean view guest rooms and suites
- Daily dining in Caravela, serving breakfast, almuerzo y cena
- Provisioning from the Gourmet Market
- Ixora Spa in The Passage House, a convenient hillside villa near the restaurant and guest rooms
- The main resort pool, with multiple levels, spectacular views, and a hot tub
- Pavilion Beach by the main resort pool, equipped with kayaks, paddle boards and a water trampoline
- North Beach, a private refuge for ultimate relaxation (pack a picnic!)
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Antilia Boutique & Dive Shop for essentials, resort wear and snorkeling gear
- Excursions to The Baths, Norman Island and Jost van Dyke
- Airport transfer service from Tortola (HELADO)
- Privado, scheduled ferry service to and from Trellis Bay
- Complimentary welcome fruit or rum punch as you step off the ferry to start your vacation
No one will be roughing it! But it is important to note that during this phase, Scrub Island will operate as an independent resort, so accruing or redeeming Marriott Rewards® points will not be possible.
Sign Up Now to Be Among the First Back at Scrub Island Resort
We expect to be taking bookings for courses starting mid-March very soon. For a limited time you can take advantage of our BVI Pioneer discount and save 10% on your entire course package! If your timing is fairly flexible, we suggest you put your name on a waitlist now to be among the first to start enjoying all that Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina will, once again, have to offer. As soon as we get the go-ahead to start booking our courses there we will be providing the following courses at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina:
- 5-Day Learn to Sail Courses
- Fast Track to Cruising® courses on catamarans and monohulls
- Cursos de arrendamiento a casco desnudo on catamarans and monohulls
- Catamarán vivo a bordo de crucero
- Lecciones de vela
If we may offer an altruistic appeal, your visit now will make an impact on the lives of many of the territory’s residents. The lovely people of the British Virgin Islands have been overwhelmed by the warmth and concern they’ve received following last year’s storms. They are incredibly excited to welcome you to their country, knowing you’ll quickly fall in love with their relaxed hospitality, astonishing natural wonders, spectacular views and that unbelievable, crystal clear water. The British Virgin Islands are calling you!
Cómo llegar a Scrub Island
The quickest way to get to the island is to fly into the Terrence B. Lettsome (HELADO) airport on Beef Island, Tortola which is a five-minute taxi ride to the dock where the resort ferry picks you up. We will need your arrival and departure times form the airport to ensure someone is waiting for you outside customs and immigration to guide you to the taxi. Most major airlines in the U.S. fly into San Juan, Puerto Rico, which has daily connections to via Seabourne and other small airlines to the airport on Beef Island. Alternatively, you can fly into St. Thomas and take a 45-minute ferry to the customs office in downtown Road Town on Tortola. From there you will experience about a 40-minute taxi ride to Trellis Bay where the ferry comes in from the resort. Sin embargo, do bear in mind that once you get out of Road Town, there is still a lot of hurricane damage that could slow down your ride. De nuevo, we will need your arrival time if this is your choice.
Llamada 888-454-7015 and talk to one of our friendly sailing advisors or email Sail@OffshoreSailing.com.