New York City Sailing School
NYC Sailing Classes at Pier 25 in Tribeca
Pier 25 in Tribeca is the longest pier in Hudson River Park, with great sailing and a lot to see, do and explore. Hudson River Park is a delightful sports and recreation destination in Manhattan, featuring an abundance of fun sporting activities in addition to Offshore Sailing School’s Learn to Sail NYC lessons and our New York City sailing club. Click the links below to learn more about the courses offered at our New York City sailing school.
Make Learning to Sail in NYC a Sailing Vacation
You can learn to sail and learn to race at our New York City sailing school in just three consecutive weekdays or three consecutive weekend days. Whether you are visiting from out of town or live in the city, our sailing classes in NYC make perfect mini vacations and long weekends. Once you have completed our sailing courses, you can join our NY sailing club and get away without going away all summer long!
If you want to see Manhattan from sailor’s perspective and learn how to steer and handle the sails while you’re out there, sign up for one of our two-hour NYC sailing lessons. We also accommodate groups for half or full day team building adventures and fun outings. Choose one of our regular sailing courses below to learn a lot. Or just “try sailing” with one of our special offers for individuals and families.
- Sailing lessons and sailing club
- Skate park
- Beach volleyball courts
- 18-hole miniature golf course
- Snack bar and nearby restaurants
- Children’s playground
- Water taxis
- Historic ships
- Artificial turf lawn
- Esplanade and viewing scopes
Check out our COURSE CALENDARS and book now:
Per person course tuitions at this location are:
- $300 for 2-hour sailing lesson or experience for a minimum of two participants
- $795 for 3-day weekday Learn to Sail Course on Colgate 26; $895 for weekends and holidays; $895 for 5-day weekday Learn to Sail Course
- $895 for 3-day weekday Performance Sailing Course on Colgate 26; $995 weekends and holidays
Accommodations, travel and meals are not included in any of the above rates. If two or more sign up together for the same Learn to Sail or Performance Sailing Certification course and dates, $100 discount per person may be applied. Rates and boats are subject to change. Please call 888-454-7015 or email Sail@OffshoreSailing.com for exact rates for the course and time period you choose. Here is an overview of what’s included when you take an Offshore Sailing School course at Pier 25 in Tribeca. Please see the individual course descriptions for more details and schedules.
Overview of what’s included:
- Your course tuition
- Steve and Doris Colgate’s Fast Track to Sailing textbook for Learn to Sail courses
- Steve Colgate’s Performance Sailing and Racing textbook for Performance Sailing courses
- Steve and Doris Colgate’s Fast Track to Cruising textbook for cruising courses
- Colgate Sailing Certifications for the course you choose or US Sailing textbooks and US Sailing Certifications if you opt for US Sailing Certification
- Logbook and Course Diploma
- Eligibility to join the Colgate Offshore Sailing Club for unlimited sailing
- Exclusive one-year subscription to Cruising World or Sailing World magazine
“It has been two years since I took the Learn to Sail course in Manhattan, and I cannot believe what a great foundation it has been. It still takes my breath away to relive all those memories!”
Carol Slabinski – New Hartford, CT
Call 888-454-7015 or 239-454-1700
Pier 25 is at N. Moore Street and the Hudson River. Take the M20 or M22 bus. By subway there are three options: 1 at Canal and Franklin Streets; A, C, E at Canal Street; or 1, 2, 3 at Chambers Street.
225 West St.
New York, NY 10013