New Jersey Sailing School
NJ Sailing School at Liberty Landing Marina
Offshore Sailing School‘s New Jersey sailing school and NJ sailing club is located at Liberty Landing Marina. Our sailing lessons in New Jersey include sailing instruction for beginners to advanced sailors, including our unique Accelerated Learn to Sail Course and Race-Ready Sailing Course, April through October. Click on the course options below to learn more about the many classes that our New Jersey sailing school has to offer. Or book online now and learn to sail or brush up your skills for a summer of sailing fun in New York Harbor!
When you sail out of the protected Liberty Landing Marina in picturesque Liberty State Park, the excitement that comes with entering the Hudson River between New Jersey and Manhattan embraces you. Amazing vistas of New York and New Jersey skylines come into view, with the Statue of Liberty to the south and George Washington Bridge to the north. In the setting sun, a spectacular view of New York City glistens with an orange glow.
Enroll In Our Sailing School in NJ and Join our NJ Sailing Club
You can learn to sail and learn to race at our sailing school in NJ over in just one weekend or four evenings. Check out our 2016 course calendar here. Then join our NJ sailing club, the Colgate Offshore Sailing Club – the club for real sailors – and get away without going away all summer long. If you’re ready to join the Colgate Offshore Sailing Club you can download the application here.
If you just want to try sailing, sign up for a Freedom Fridays Adventure, or a two-hour sailing lessons in NJ, or bring your group for a half or full day team building adventure and fun outing. Coming from out of town? With all there is to enjoy at Liberty State Park and in Jersey City, you may want to turn your sailing lessons into a sailing vacation. There are several places to stay in Jersey City which offer a range of comfortable to luxury accommodations, including a beautiful Hyatt Regency.
- Our classrooms in an historic light ship
- Ferry service from Manhattan direct to our docks
- Light Rail service between nearby cities and Jersey City
- Ferries to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Liberty Science Center
- Environmental Interpretive Center
- The Liberty House Restaurant
- 1892 Central Railroad Terminal
- Roller-blade and bicycle trails
- Bicycle rentals
- Bird watching sights and nature walks
- Walking/jogging trails
- Fishing and crabbing
- Lawn for flying kites and picnics
Per person course tuitions at this location are:
- $590 for 2-day or 4-evenings Accelerated Learn to Sail Course, $490 per person for 2 or more signing up to take the course together
- $590 for 2-day or 4-evenings Race-Ready Sailing Course, $490 for 2 or more signing up to take the course together
- $125 Freedom Fridays, 3-hour sailing sessions June through August
- $150 for 2-hour sailing experience (minimum two students required)
An overview of what’s included:
- Your course tuition
- Steve and Doris Colgate’s Fast Track to Sailing textbook for Accelerated Learn to Sail courses
- Steve Colgate’s Performance Sailing and Racing textbook for Race-Ready Performance Sailing courses
- US Sailing textbooks if you opt for US Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification (extra charge)
- Colgate Day Sailing or US Sailing Basic Sailing Certification for Learn to Sail courses when you pass the test for this course
- Colgate Performance Sailing Certification for Performance Sailing courses when you pass the test for this course
- Logbook and Course Diploma
- Eligibility to join the Colgate Offshore Sailing Club for unlimited sailing
- Automatic membership in the Offshore Cruising Club for fantastic sailing vacations
- Exclusive one-year subscription to Cruising World or Sailing World magazine
Anoop Nebhnani – New York, NY
Call Meg Reilly – School and Corporate Development Manager
Jim Moore – Colgate Offshore Sailing Club Manager
Or 888-454-7015, Sail@OffshoreSailing.com
How to Get to Liberty Landing Marina
If you are driving discounted parking for our sailing school and club members is available. From New Jersey Points: Take the NJ Turnpike to Exit 14B, Jersey City/Liberty State Park. Keep let after the toll, at first stop sign turn left onto Bayview Avenue. At traffic circle to Liberty State Park, Bayview turns into Morris Basin Drive. Turn left onto Freedom Way, go to the end, take a right and then an immediate left into the parking lot for Liberty Landing Marina. From Manhattan: Take Holland Tunnel to New Jersey, follow signs for NJ Turnpike, take Exit 14B and follow directions above.
From Manhattan by water Taxi: Ferry service direct to Liberty Landing Marina departs and returns from the new floating terminal with glass room directly off Vesey Street, north of North Cove in lower Manhattan near the World Financial Center. Take the Liberty State Park Ferry, called “The Little Lady,” to Liberty Landing Marina.
Liberty Landing Marina
Audrey Zapp Drive
Liberty State Park
Jersey City, NJ 07304