New Jersey Sailing School
NJ Sailing School at Liberty Landing Marina
Offshore Sailing School‘s New Jersey sailing school and club is located at Liberty Landing Marina. Our sailing lessons in New Jersey include sailing instruction for beginners to advanced sailors, racing tactics and techniques, and bareboat cruising certification April through October. Click on the course options below to learn more about the many classes that our New Jersey sailing school has to offer.
When you sail out of the protected Liberty Landing Marina in picturesque Liberty State Park, the excitement that comes with entering the Hudson River between New Jersey and Manhattan embraces you. Amazing vistas of New York and New Jersey skylines come into view, with the Statue of Liberty to the south and George Washington Bridge to the north. In the setting sun, a spectacular view of New York City glistens with an orange glow.
Enroll In Our Sailing School in NJ and Join our Sailing Club
You can learn to sail and learn to race at our sailing school in NJ over just three consecutive weekdays or three consecutive weekend days. Then join our NJ sailing club, the Colgate Offshore Sailing Club – the club for real sailors – and get away without going away all summer long.
If you just want to try sailing, sign up for one of our two-hour sailing lessons in NJ, or bring your group for a half or full day team building adventure and fun outing. Coming from out of town? With all there is to enjoy at Liberty State Park and in Jersey City, you may want to turn your sailing lessons into a sailing vacation. There are several places to stay in Jersey City, including the Hyatt Regency, which offers a range of comfortable to luxury accommodations.
- Our classrooms in an historic light ship
- Ferry service from Manhattan direct to our docks
- Light Rail service between nearby cities and Jersey City
- Ferries to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Liberty Science Center
- Environmental Interpretive Center
- The Liberty House Restaurant
- 1892 Central Railroad Terminal
- Roller-blading and biking trails
- Bicycle rentals
- Bird watching sights and nature walks
- Walking/jogging trails
- Fishing and crabbing
- Lawn for flying kites and picnics
- 3 Day Learn to Sail Certification Course – Book Online
- 3 Day Performance Sailing Course – Book Online
- 4 Day Bareboat Charter Certification
- 10 Day Fast Track to Coastal Passage Making
- Two Hour Sailing Lessons
- 2 Day Weekend Accelerated Learn to Sail Course
- Colgate Offshore Sailing Club
- Corporate and Group Team Building Programs and Events
Check out our COURSE CALENDARS and book Online now!
Per person course tuitions at this location are:
- $590 for 2-day Club Membership Basic Sailing on Colgate 26
- $795 for 3-day weekday Learn to Sail Course on Colgate 26; $895 for weekends and holidays; $895 for 5-day weekday Learn to Sail Course
- $895 for 3-day weekday Performance Sailing Course on Colgate 26; $995 weekends and holidays
- $1595 for 4-day Bareboat Charter Cruising on Jeanneau 439, on two consecutive weekends or four consecutive weekdays
- $2395 for 7-day Fast Track to Cruising Course on Colgate 26 and Jeanneau 433 weekends; $2295 weekdays
- $300 for 2-hour sailing experience (price per boat, up to six aboard)
Accommodations, travel and meals are not included in any of the above rates. If two or more sign up together for the same Learn to Sail or Performance Sailing Certification course and dates, $100 discount may be applied. Rates and boats are subject to change. Here is an overview of what’s included when you take an Offshore Sailing School course at Pier 25 in Tribeca. Please see the individual course descriptions for more details and schedules.
An overview of what’s included:
- Your course tuition
- Steve and Doris Colgate’s Fast Track to Sailing textbook for Learn to Sail courses
- Steve and Doris Colgate’s Fast Track to Cruising textbook for Fast Track to Cruising and Bareboat Cruising Certification Courses
- Steve Colgate’s Performance Sailing and Racing textbook for Performance Sailing courses
- US Sailing textbooks if you opt for US Sailing Certification
- US Sailing Coastal Navigation and Coastal Passage Making textbooks for Passage Making courses
- Colgate Day Sailing or US Sailing Basic Sailing Certification for Learn to Sail courses when you pass the test for this course
- Colgate Performance Sailing Certification for Performance Sailing courses when you pass the test for this course
- US Sailing Coastal Navigation Certification and Coastal Passage Making Certification when you pass the tests for those courses
- Logbook and Course Diploma
- Eligibility to join the Colgate Sailing Club for unlimited sailing
- Exclusive one-year subscription to Cruising World or Sailing World magazine
Anoop Nebhnani – New York, NY
Call 888-454-7015 or 239-454-1700
How to Get to Liberty Landing Marina
If you are driving discounted parking for our sailing school and club members is available. From New Jersey Points: Take the NJ Turnpike to Exit 14B, Jersey City/Liberty State Park. Keep let after the toll, at first stop sign turn left onto Bayview Avenue. At traffic circle to Liberty State Park, Bayview turns into Morris Pesin Drive. Turn left onto Freedom Way, go to the end, take a right and then an immediate left into the parking lot for Liberty Landing Marina. From Manhattan: Take Holland Tunnel to New Jersey, follow signs for NJ Turnpike, take Exit 14B and follow directions above.
From Manhattan by water Taxi: Ferry service direct to Liberty Landing Marina departs and returns from the new floating terminal with glass room directly off Vesey Street, north of North Cove in lower Manhattan near the World Financial Center. Take the Liberty State Park Ferry, called “The Little Lady,” to Liberty Landing Marina.
Liberty Landing Marina
Audrey Zapp Drive
Liberty State Park
Jersey City, NJ 07304